Sunday, April 22, 2012

Happy Earth Day!!!

Before I got crafty
After I got crafty
Happy Earth Day, I hope like me today you and your family are getting their hands dirty. I love days like this when "teachable" moments are so easy. We re-potted all our indoor plants, and talked with our son about photosynthesis and how plants make our world better (he of course surprised us as usual with all the facts he has learned in school about plants).  As I got to the final pot to replant I was struck again by how much I HATED the "love my garden" quote on this pot I purchased in a bind from the dollar store one day (over a year ago). So I decided to get out my acrylic paints and do something about it! Using a number 4 stiff brush, I pounced two different pain colors over the bands that contained the saying. I am much happier with the pot now, and have even given it a place of honor on an end table in the living room instead of the back of my plant shelf where I have been hiding it for a year. This project took less than 10 minutes, and is another example of why procrastination is a crafter's worst enemy! I hope you can take 10 minutes today and turn one of your own ugly pots into a new favorite!

No comments:

Post a Comment