Monday, April 23, 2012

Product Review Workshop 2012 expo



My first class of the day was the CHA2012 Product Review which ran from 8am-9am preceding the expo opening. This was a great lecture style class taught by Diana Opiela. She ran through some of the coolest products and gave some nice insider tips about what booths to find these at and how to use them. A large portion of the class was spent on the hottest colors and patterns of the year which I personally found uninteresting because I choose my style of paper and colors based on my photos-but that's just me. 

The new 2012 products I found interesting were mists (which you will see made in an upcoming blog post), easy page set up templates Kiwi Lane has a nice system, "skirts" made from crepe paper, washi tape (queen&co. has a great price they call it trendy tape), transparency pages, natural materials like burlap, mini envelopes have made a comeback, i-top tool which makes your own brads and buttons, and scrap happy glue which is a sheer tacky glue that you can make your own glue dots from (sold by The Rubber Cafe).

We did walk away with $35 in product samples from companies like Canvas Corp, Faber-Castell, Fancy Pants Designs, Pebbles, Crate Paper, Cosmo Cricket, Lawn Fawn and more. Overall I found the class very worthwhile and liked hitting the expo floor to shop with all the new tips in the back of my mind!
Samples of products from Product Review (2 of the Gelato's were from another class)

Reverse side of the paper from Product review

No comments:

Post a Comment