Friday, November 1, 2013

Simple and fun Layout: First Haircut

I love looking back on these "first" moments in my son's life. Since I am 8 1/2 years behind it is fun to see how far he has come, and to remember how stinking cute he was! I was very distracted while I was creating today so this simple layout ended up coming together over the course of many hours this afternoon, but I am glad to have it done.


Cloud Paper makes up the background
Title: DCWV Baby Boy title stack
Blue and white card stock for matting
Mosaic paper border: Cloud 9 Wood Stone collection Shades of blue Mosaic
Comb and Scissor Embellishments: fussy cut free digital stamps from google images
Colored with Artist's Loft watercolor pencils and T Prime Water brush which is the best because it does not untwist and spill water all over, plus I have complete control of how much water gets on the brush bristles
Blue dot paper: EK Success Over the Moon, Blue Gingham Flower border, cut with EK Success wave and dot border punch
"Sweetheart" edged in Zig Memory System Blue Jay
Journaling also done in Blue Jay
Pictures punched with Fiskars Heritage

Thanks for taking a look! As always your comments are appreciated! 



2 comments:

  1. Love, love, love this page. Look how much younger Eric is too...and with hair! Happy Birthday to Eric today too.
    Didn't know Google offered digital stamps. Did you print those out on sticker paper? What a nice tribute to T's first haircut. Be sure to send to Shari/Eric.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, Uncle Eric with hair, and yes I am calling him when he get's off work! Yes, many digi stamps for free plus you can look up "coloring pages" and get the same outlined images. I printed them on paper, fussy cut them, and glued them down. A bit of work but I love the result. Also if you are looking to build your digital stamp collection http://freedigitalstamps.blogspot.com/ posts all the sited that offer free digital stamps on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis. I love that blog!

    ReplyDelete