Thursday, April 3, 2014

April Challenge is Up!


It's another month already, hard to believe we are in April so soon! This month we have a great inspiration photo on the Pixels and Paper blog. We are in the mood for all things spring, bring on the Easter photos! This month I was inspired by the pretty pale colors and the '50s (I think) style of the girls outfits.



I had this whole plan to go retro this month in my mind...but then I came across this photo again and just had to scrap it. Look at the wonder and joy on his face! Since we decided to color our eggs neon colors in 2006 and I had this really cool photo of my son's reaction to seeing them all together; I decided to keep color my focus- but in neon shades not pastels. 


I had to really dig into my stash to find vibrant papers, it's not something I work with a lot. The vellum background was very busy. I made sure to cover lots of it with solid bold colors that matched the eggs in the photo, and the leaves in the background. I of course had to add in my own handwriting for the journaling section, my son loves to read the stories I put in the scrapbooks.

The eggs I made myself. I did them in a word document, printed them out, fussy cut them, and used them as templates for the ones on the page. I had fun decorating them and making each one special, but it was a time consuming process. Especially since I made a few I decided clashed with the background- so then I made more. Now I have extra eggs for the next layout I do, and a page I am very happy with. 
The blue flower needed a bit of color. It was too light and green and clashed with the blue background paper, so I grabbed my handy Spectrum Noir marker out of the new organizer I just made and made it a different shade of blue.
"Easy peasy lemon squeezey" as my son would say! I hope you will join us in our challenge this month over on the blog if you have some Easter or spring photos around that need to be turned into a page. Show us your Easter/spring memories, you could be our next winner!!




No comments:

Post a Comment