Monday, April 14, 2014

Spring Baby Birthday Card for my Niece

It's spring! Here in WI we have had sun, followed by rain, and now it's supposed to snow. HAPPY SPRING EVERYONE! Midwest springs are always so unpredictable. This past week while things were still sunny, I made my niece's birthday card. She turned 1 on the 11th, and we just got to open up gifts on skype yesterday. She has been a very busy birthday girl! I love this sweet little image, and made it look like our blonde baby Olive. Although her hair is a white blonde, but when I colored it that way it just looked wrong. The image looked like I forgot to color her hair so I added in the lightest yellow possible.


 I love the pink and brown color combination, and it was easy to pull that from the paper. The paper I used I have had in my stash for almost 10 years! It came in a pack with baby boy stuff, so I have just held on to it. Now that I have two nieces I am really starting to get more opportunity to work with my pink things. I cut the paper using my Spellbinder dies. The card background is Grand Labels 1, edged with TH Distress ink in Spun Sugar. Then I used the Grand Scalloped Square for the pink paper, edging in TH Distress Vintage Photo. The image is cut with Labels 22 and edged in Vintage Photo. The image itself was just a digi image found on Pintrest. The brown flowers are Prima. The big pink rose was a white foam one from Tall Mouse I colored with my alcohol ink. The pearl garland and butterfly are also from Tall Mouse. The two little pink and white clumps at the top are from the Dollar Tree floral section, as are the leaves. I finished up the front with a dash of Cloud Nine glitter from Sparkle and Sprinkle on her hair bow and safety pins. I always need a touch of sparkle!

The inside was fun. The coordinating paper was cut with Grand Labels 1 and edged in Vintage Photo. The writing piece was cut with Labels 22, edged first in Spun Sugar and then in Vintage Photo. I LOVE layering up edging this way. It really can pull together a look, while giving all the parts boundaries. The happy birthday banner was stamped with Rubber Stampede's Happy Birthday in Vintage photo and shadowed with an alcohol marker. The banner itself is ticket tape from a calculator roll. I punched the edge with a Martha Stewart punch. I don't remember the name of this punch so if anybody knows it please comment below! And built color with Spun Sugar and Vintage Photo on the edge. I used three pieces of dimensional dots stacked on each other to get the banner to dome the way I wanted and that was it! I hope you like it, I am definitely proud of this piece. I enjoyed watching it come together.
As always thank you for taking the time to look! Comments are always appreciated and make sharing fun. Have a Blessed and wonderful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment