Thursday, May 15, 2014

Special Birthday Card for my Uncle


A month ago my Uncle Mark had a special birthday. I squeezed out some time to make him this card. I sent it off ensuring it would arrive on his birthday. I wasn't sure I could pull it off, it was the week my son was home for spring break and we had done spring cleaning. I was also prepping for my mom's arrival for Scrapbook Expo, but I got it done anyway! Uncle Mark had great plans for his birthday, and I knew he would be out of town so I wasn't surprised when I didn't get a call in the days after he arrived back home. Then I got sidetracked with my last migraine procedure. Next thing I knew 4 weeks had passed and I hadn't heard from him. I texted him to check to make sure his address hadn't changed and that's when we realized he never got it. Not sure where it ended up, because it still hasn't come back to me either. So at least I took pictures and you get to see it Uncle Mark! Happy Birthday, I love you.
I created this card using random washi tape from my stash. The black candles are done in Sparkle N Sprinkle black velvet MF glitter. I hand cut the silver candle flames. The embossing is done on silver vellum with the Darice Dot folder. The title was printed from my computer then cut and embossed with the Spellbinders Labels 22. I used a glue pen to trace the 55 and highlighted it with more Velvet Black MF glitter. The vellum was edged in Tim Holtz Black Soot. Thanks for checking this out. Have an inspired day!

2 comments:

  1. Wholly cow! That is amazing! Thank you do much for all the thought and love you put into it. I so hope it shows up eventually! Xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it, I hope it shows up soon too! xo

      Delete