Saturday, June 7, 2014

Niece's Birthday Card

My sweet baby niece turned 6 this past week! It's crazy how fast kids grow up. Her favorite color is rainbow, I know it's the cutest thing ever. Rainbow is (in her mind) considered a color all on its own. Whether she ever realizes it or not I will always find a way to use rainbows or the rainbow spectrum on her birthday cards...probably until I die. It's one small piece of the many adorable things I love about her. 

Fairies are also a favorite, big surprise for a 6 year old girl right?! I liked that this one had the progression of butterflies because it gave me another chance to mimic the rainbow color for her. The shape of the card was created with Spellbinders die Grand Label One. The rainbow bling around the card was cut from magic mesh purchased from Tall Mouse. When I spotted this magic mesh at the last Scrapbook Expo, I knew I would be using it to make this card.

 I colored the image with my Spectrum Noir markers and highlighted the fairies' wings with Sparkle N' Sprinkle glitter along with a few of the smallest butterflies too. Then finished it off with a white butterfly embellishment. My niece loved the card, and I loved making it for her! As always thanks for taking the time to stop by and look, have a blessed day!


1 comment:

  1. This card is still being displayed in the living room. She has declared it her "Birthday Month"...like mother, like daughter. Card may be up into July.

    ReplyDelete